Moules Mariniere Recipe with Coriander Pesto Baguette
- 2 kg mussels, cleaned and beards removed
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 bay leaves 8 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 25g butter
- 100ml white wine 3 tbsp cream 1 cup flat leafed parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons Bitton Coriander Pesto
- 1 French baguette
Rinse the mussels gently, noting that any that float should be disguarded.
Place a large saucepan over a medium high heat and add the butter. Add the onion, bay leaves and thyme and soften for 1-2 minutes.
Add the mussels and white wine and cover the saucepan with a lid. Cook for approximately 5 minutes until the mussels open.
Stir through the cream, parsley and Bitton Coriander Pesto. Divide into four bowls evenly and serve immediately with lots of crispy warm baguette.
Recipe by David Bitton